Tuesday, November 6, 2018

50 I’m Sorry Quotes for When You Can’t Find the Right Words

These “I’m sorry” quotes will help you apologize in a way that reflects how you truly feel.

Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and do things that hurt other people at some point in our lives. That’s why it’s important to acquire the ability to acknowledge your mistakes and apologize for your wrongs, even if you didn’t do it on purpose.

When you apologize, it shows the recipient that you recognize the pain you caused them and are willing to make things right again. It opens the way to forgiveness and has the potential to restore a damaged and broken relationship.

A genuine apology can make both parties feel better. When you say “sorry” in a caring way, it gives relief to your heart and mind. It lightens the baggage of hard feelings against someone or the sense of guilt within.

Although taking responsibility for your mistakes can be hard, you should not say “I’m sorry” just for the sake of it. A genuine apology should come from the heart.

To highlight the power of apologizing and to help you find the right words to express your remorse, here are some thoughtful “I’m sorry” quotes.

 

50 I’m sorry quotes for when you can’t find the right words

 

1.) “I don’t like it, and I’m sorry I ever had anything to do with it.” –  Erwin Schrodinger

 

2.) “But you know all about that, being sorry and having no words to say something when you know you should but you just can’t.” – Heather Gudenkauf

 

3.) “I’m not very good at saying sorry, but I apologize.“ – Chris Kurtz

 

i'm sorry quotes to help you apologize

 

4.) “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boese

 

5.) “I am immensely contrite. And I’m sorry for the damage I’ve done.” – Jayson Blair

 

6.) “I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don’t have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn’t pawn this off on anybody. I’m sorry it happened. And I hurt people.” – Louie Anderson

 

7.) “A sincere and warmly-expressed apology can produce the same effects as morphine on a suffering soul.”― Richelle E. Goodrich

 

8.) “It’s very hard for me to say I’m sorry… but I do.” – Joe Nichols

 

9.) “I have made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most, and I am terribly sorry. I am deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and my actions.” – Anthony Weiner

 

10.) “I am sorry for what has happened and I know that I need some help.” – Susan Smith

 

I’m sorry quotes to inspire your apology

 

11.) “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.”– Margaret Lee Runbeck

 

12.) “When you forgive, you free your soul. But when you say I’m sorry, you free two souls.“ – Donald L. Hicks

 

13.) “Be the hero of hearts; learn to say I’m sorry.”― Richelle E. Goodrich

 

i'm sorry quotes on learning to say it

 

14.) “Apologies aren’t meant to change the past, they are meant to change the future.“ – Kevin Hancock

 

15.) “I’m sorry.” Once again, those were the words. And now, anytime someone says I’m sorry, I’m going to think of her.”― Jay Asher

 

16.) “Saying sorry to someone is hard… but putting your pride down for someone is the hardest.” – Cristina Orante

 

17.) “An apology is the superglue of life! It can repair just about anything!!”― Lynn Johnston

 

18.) “It isn’t always to apologize for your mistakes but doing so shows a person with a strong sense of self.” – Byron Pulsifer

 

19.) “Not admitting a mistake is a bigger mistake.” ~ Robert Half

 

20.) “What is past is past, there is a future left to all men, who have the virtue to repent and the energy to atone.” – Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

 

I’m sorry quotes for when you’re at a loss for words

 

21.) “I want to say to each of you, simply, and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.” – Tiger Woods

 

22.) “The hero isn’t the one who is right, but the one who steps forward to take the blame – deserved or not – and apologize to save a relationship.” – Richelle E. Goodrich

 

23.) “And I felt sorry, and I have felt bad about what happened.” – Monica Lewinsky

 

i'm sorry quotes on feeling bad about what happened

 

24.) “He who is sorry for having sinned is almost innocent.” – Seneca

 

25.) “Apologies bring people together.” – Nick Smith

 

26.) “I am sorry for the pain I caused you, I feel so bad.” – Gabor Timis

 

27.) “I believe that when you’re wrong, own it and apologize, and so I do and put it on the equivalent of my front page.” – Peter Coyote

 

28.) “Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them.” ~ Bruce Lee

 

29.) “Chocolate says “I’m sorry” so much better than words.” ~ Rachel Vincent

 

30.) “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” ~ Toba Beta

 

I’m sorry quotes to help you ask for forgiveness

 

31.) “Never believe you’re so great or important, so right or proud, that you cannot kneel at the feet of someone you hurt and offer a humble, sincere apology.”― Richelle E. Goodrich

 

31.) “I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.” – Keanu Reeves

 

i'm sorry quotes on being noble

 

32.) “An apology is a lovely perfume; it can transform the clumsiest moment into a gracious gift.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck

 

33.) “So many things that we never will undo I know you’re sorry, I’m sorry too.” – Bob Dylan

 

34.) “True remorse is never just a regret over consequence; it is a regret over motive.” – Mignon McLaughlin

 

35.) “You must tell me who I might have hurt. I have to write them an apology.”~ Vivien Leigh

 

36.) “Apologies are great, but they don’t really change anything. You know what does? Action.” – Stella Young

 

37.) “The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.”~ Author Unknown

 

38.) “The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.” ~ Red Auerbach

 

39.) “Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.” ~ Isaac Friedmann

 

40.) “The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway.” ~ Henry Boye

 

More I’m sorry quotes to teach and inspire

 

41.) “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.“ – Benjamin Franklin

 

i'm sorry quotes about making excuses

 

42.) “Truly saying sorry is never easy to do, and when you are, you just hope it’s not too late.” – Justin Tranter

 

43.) “More people should apologize, and more people should accept apologies when sincerely made.”– Greg LeMond

 

44.) “Saying ‘I’m sorry’ is saying ‘I love you’ with a wounded heart in one hand and your smothered pride in the other.”― Richelle E. Goodrich

 

45.) “When you realize you’ve made a mistake, make amends immediately. It’s easier to eat crow while it’s still warm.” – Dan Heist

 

46.) “I’m sorry.’ The two most inadequate words in the English language.” – Beth Revis

 

47.) “What I want to say is that I’m sorry. There’s no excuse for what I did. I will understand if you will never speak to me again, but I hope you will give me another chance to fix this.” – Unknown

 

48.) “Proper apologies have three parts: 1) What I did was wrong. 2) I feel bad that I hurt you. 3) How do I make this better?” – Randy Pausch

 

49.) “To err is human, but contrition felt for the crime distinguishes the virtuous from the wicked.” – Vittorio Alfieri

 

50.) “Admitting a mistake is not a weakness; on the contrary, it shows an openness of your heart. It takes guts to say sorry. Only a strong and well-balanced individual with the clarity of mind can do so effortlessly. Taking responsibility for your actions requires and develops your self-control. You become your own person.“ – Vishwas Chavan

 

Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes?

By itself, saying I’m sorry might not be enough to make everything all right again. However, it is the right thing to do. It does a lot of good.

Sometimes along with an apology, you might need to demonstrate that you’ll do better. Besides, the offended party may not yet be ready to accept your apology, which means you need to allow time to heal the wounds.

All in all, learning to apologize is the vital first step in the healing process. Hopefully, these I’m sorry quotes have reminded you why saying “sorry” is important.

Did you enjoy these I’m sorry quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below.

The post 50 I’m Sorry Quotes for When You Can’t Find the Right Words appeared first on Everyday Power Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment