Tuesday, September 11, 2018

37 Frida Kahlo Quotes for Strength and Inspiration

Looking for inspirational Frida Kahlo quotes about life, hope and love?

 

Frida Kahlo has been a long-time icon of mine. She inspires the art I create, the woman I am, and the boundaries I know I can push, because she blazed a trail.

Frida was SO far ahead of her time. When you look back, you would be in awe.

If you read her diary from the last year of her life, so full of emotion and art, you see that the “Art journal” is not the new fad they claim it to be.

But it was something she was doing out of art and instinct many decades ago.

This was a woman who dealt with and survived a great deal, but always did so with a sense of pride, strength, and dignity.

I hope you will be inspired by her as much as I am.

Magdalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo y Calderón

(July 6, 1907 – July 13, 1954)

Frida Kahlo Quotes About Love and Pain

1.) “Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?” – Frida Kahlo

 

2.) “I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

3.) “The most important thing for everyone in Gringolandia is to have ambition and become ‘somebody,’ and frankly, I don’t have the least ambition to become anybody.” – Frida Kahlo

 

4.) “Pain, pleasure, and death are no more than a process for existence. The revolutionary struggle in this process is a doorway open to intelligence.” – Frida Kahlo

 

5.) “I hope the exit is joyful. And I hope never to return.” – Frida Kahlo

 

6.) “Only one mountain can know the core of another mountain.” – Frida Kahlo

 

7.) “Painting completed my life.” – Frida Kahlo

 

8.) “They are so damn ‘intellectual’ and rotten that I can’t stand them anymore…I would rather sit on the floor in the market of Toluca and sell tortillas, than have anything to do with those ‘artistic’ bitches of Paris.” – Frida Kahlo

More Frida Kahlo quotes about life

Frida Kahlo Quotes

9.) “The most interesting thing about the so-called lies of Diego is that, sooner or later, the ones involved in the imaginary tale get angry, not because of the lies, but because of the truth contained in the lies, which always comes forth.” – Frida Kahlo

 

10.) “I was born a bitch. I was born a painter.” – Frida Kahlo

 

11.) “I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint.” – Frida Kahlo

 

12.) “I wish I could do whatever I liked behind the curtain of ‘madness’. Then: I’d arrange flowers, all day long, I’d paint; pain, love and tenderness, I would laugh as much as I feel like at the stupidity of others, and they would all say: ‘Poor thing, she’s crazy!’ (Above all I would laugh at my own stupidity.)

I would build my world which while I lived, would be in agreement with all the worlds. The day, or the hour, or the minute that I lived would be mine and everyone else’s – my madness would not be an escape from ‘reality’.” – Frida Kahlo

 

13.) “I am my own muse, I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to know better.” – Frida Kahlo

 

14.) “I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

15.) “Really, I do not know whether my paintings are surrealist or not, but I do know that they are the frankest expression of myself.” – Frida Kahlo

 

16.) “Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.” – Frida Kahlo

 

17.) “To feel the anguish of waiting for the next moment and of taking part in the complex current (of affairs) not knowing that we are headed toward ourselves, through millions of stone beings – of bird beings – of star beings – of microbe beings – of fountain beings toward ourselves.” – Frida Kahlo

 

18.) “I paint flowers so they will not die.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

19) “At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.” – Frida Kahlo

 

20.) “You deserve the best, the very best, because you are one of the few people in this lousy world who are honest to themselves, and that is the only thing that really counts.” – Frida Kahlo

 

More Frida Kahlo Quotes about Love and Her Art

21.) “No moon, sun, diamond, hands —

fingertip, dot, ray, gauze, sea.

pine green, pink glass, eye,

mine, eraser, mud, mother, I am coming.”Frida Kahlo

 

22.) “They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

 

23.) “I leave you my portrait so that you will have my presence all the days and nights that I am away from you.” – Frida Kahlo

 

24.) “I cannot speak of Diego as my husband because that term, when applied to him, is an absurdity. He never has been, nor will he ever be, anybody’s husband.” – Frida Kahlo

 

25.) “It was worthwhile to come here only to see why Europe is rotting, why all this people – good for nothing – are the cause of all the Hitlers and Mussolinis.” – Frida Kahlo

 

26.) “Diego was everything; my child, my lover, my universe.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

27.) “I must fight with all my strength so that the little positive things that my health allows me to do might be pointed toward helping the revolution. The only real reason for living.” – Frida Kahlo

 

28.) “I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me, too.

Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.” – Frida Kahlo

 

29.) “There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst.” – Frida Kahlo

 

30.) “Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

31.) “I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.” – Frida Kahlo

 

32.) “I want to be inside your darkest everything.” – Frida Kahlo

 

33.) “People in general are scared to death of the war and all the exhibitions have been a failure, because the rich don’t want to buy anything.” – Frida Kahlo

 

34.) “I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.” – Frida Kahlo

 

35.) “I love you more than my own skin and even though you don’t love me the same way, you love me anyways, don’t you? And if you don’t, I’ll always have the hope that you do, and I’m satisfied with that. Love me a little. I adore you.” – Frida Kahlo

 

36.) “Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.” – Frida Kahlo

Frida Kahlo Quotes

37.) “My painting carries with it the message of pain.” – Frida Kahlo

 

What are your thoughts on these powerful Frida Kahlo quotes?

I hope that you have found some inspiration and insight from the words of Frida. Long before it was “allowed” or acceptable, she was paving the way for strong women to do what they loved, and to speak their mind without having to edit herself.

This is only a taste of her words. I encourage you to explore this inspirational woman further, as I know you will grow to respect and be endeared by her.

She was no shrinking violet – she painted vibrant flowers, and she was one as well.

 

*for some Frida Kahlo-inspired art, please visit NotionsbyNikkiDesign on Etsy.

The post 37 Frida Kahlo Quotes for Strength and Inspiration appeared first on Everyday Power Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment