Wednesday, April 10, 2019

120 Break up Quotes to Help you Heal and Move on

Looking for feel good break up quotes that will help you overcome the pain of separation? Below you’ll find our collection of break up quotes to help and inspire you.

We’ve all been through the pain of a break up and subsequent heartache.

Sometimes, we can’t put the words to what we are feeling, or we are convinced that no one has ever felt the way we are feeling before.

We can lose perspective, optimism, and a belief that things will work out in the future for us.

It is at times like these when I think the words, songs, and break-up quotes of others touch a note with us to let us know that they have been through the same ordeal before – and survived it.

It also lets us know that we are not alone, and that we are understood.

Most importantly, they give us hope that this will pass, and that this was for the better.

To help and inspire you, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and uplifting break up quotes, break up sayings, and break up proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.

Best Break Up Quotes and Sayings Ever

1.) “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”  – Marilyn Monroe

2.) “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho

3.) “When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” – Barney Stinson

 

4.) “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.” – Walter Anderson

 

5.) “Passivity means death, activity is living. If you are passive, you allow negative things to come into your life.”

6.) “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley

7.) “One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” – Turcois Ominek

break-up quotes pain suffering

8.) “Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

9.) “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell

 Quotes about breakups and heartaches

10.) “It’s much more interesting to try and understand what binds two people together. Why we stay with each other is much more of a mystery than why we don’t.” – Jane Stanton Hitchcock

 

11.) “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle

 

12.) “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber

13.) “Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing.” – Marcia Wieder

14.) “Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up.” – Genevieve Rhode

 

15.) “Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person how beautiful it will be when the right one comes along.” –Anonymous

16.) “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.” – Carl Sagan

17.) “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Anthony Robbins

18.) “Be in love with your life. Every minute of it.” – Jack Kerouac

 

19.) “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us” – Alexander Graham Bell

20.) “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine

break-up quotes shape

21.) “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein

Break Up Quotes for moving on

22.) “In order to grow and to experience, one must leave his comfort zone. Very often this means that you have to do what you are afraid of in order to find what you didn’t know you were looking for. This takes a lot of courage.”

23.) “Ask yourself, who would Columbus be today if he hadn’t had the courage to lose sight of the shore back then?”

24.) “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” – Washington Irving

25.) “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best, than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell

26.) “What is broken is broken.”

27.) “The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you can’t go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.” – Anonymous

28.) “We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – E.M. Forster

29.) “Letting go has never been easy, but holding on can be as difficult. Yet strength is measured not by holding on, but by letting go.” – Len Santos

30.) “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself ‘I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.’ You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

31.) “The the dreams break into a million tiny pieces. The dream dies. Which leaves you with a choice: you can settle for reality, or you can go off, like a fool, and dream another dream.” – Nora Ephron

32.) “Was I bitter? Absolutely. Hurt? You bet your sweet ass I was hurt. Who doesn’t feel a part of their heart break at rejection. You ask yourself every question you can think of, what, why, how come, and then your sadness turns to anger. That’s my favorite part. It drives me, feeds me, and makes one hell of a story.” – Jennifer Salaiz

33.) “Only time can heal his heart, just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” – Miss Piggy

break-up quotes not worth it

34.) “It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted. It confuses you, because you think that your feelings were wrong and it makes you feel so small because it’s so hard to keep it inside when you let it out and it doesn’t come back. You’re left so alone that you can’t explain. Damn, there’s nothing like that, is there? I’ve been there and you have, too. You’re nodding your head.” – Henry Rollins

35.) “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” – Candace Bushnell

36.) “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts. If they don’t find you worth the effort or the time, why should you waste yours?” – Donna Lynn Hope

37.) “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, no just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.” – Carl Sandburg

38.) “One makes mistakes; that is life. But it is never a mistake to have loved.” – Romain Rolland

39.) “Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that it doesn’t get a day off.” – Demi Lovato

Inspirational break up quotes about staying strong

40.) “Some think that holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it’s letting go.” Herman Hesse

41.) “I’m pretty horrible at relationships and haven’t been in many long-term ones. Leaving and moving on – returning to a familiar sense of self-reliance and autonomy – is what I know; that feeling is as comfortable and comforting as it might be for a different kind of person to stay.” – Carrie Brownstein

42.) “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley

43.) “Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left.” – Jean Kerr

44.) “I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose.” – Rita Rudner

45.) “Bad days call for foods that are bad for your butt.” – H.M Ward

46.) “I think a spiritual journey is not so much a journey of discovery. It’s a journey of recovery. It’s a journey of uncovering your own inner nature. It’s already there.” – Billy Corgan

break-up quotes love me

47.) “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran

48.) “Hearts live by being wounded.” – Oscar Wilde

 

Inspirational Quotes about breaking up

49.) “When we’re incomplete, we’re always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we’re still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on — series polygamy — until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.” – Tom Robbins

50.) “Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.” – Golda Meir

51.) “It’s no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn’t even speak to each other if they met at a party.” – Nick Hornby

52.) “I’ve always believed that if you don’t stay moving, they will throw dirt on you.” – Paul Anka

53.) “When you break up with someone, and I’m not talking casual breakups here, it’s hard to take the sudden absence of such an important person in your life. It reminded me of when I’d stopped going to school and the weird uneasy feeling I’d gotten afterward, like I was forgetting to do something. My life until that point had pivoted around some form of education, and all of a sudden, it was gone. Homework, classes, running around, and then –bam – nothing but a life of work stretching out before you. No one prepares you for that feeling or even mentions it. You just suddenly have a gap and have to decide how to fill it. A break-up is like that gap, only much, much more painful. One day the person you talked to constantly or did stuff with is just absent. Gone. Poof. And even though I’m not one of those people who has to be in a relationship all the time, I was feeling at a loss.” – Lish McBride

54.) “You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.” – Mary Pickford

55.) “When someone leaves you, apart from missing them, apart from the fact that the whole little world you’ve created together collapses, and that everything you see or do reminds you of them, the worst is the thought that they tried you out and, in the end, the whole sum of parts adds up to you got stamped REJECT by the one you love. How can you not be left with the personal confidence of a passed over British Rail sandwich?” – Helen Fielding

56.) “What’s that line from T.S. Eliot? To arrive at the place where you started, but to know it for the first time. I’m able to write about a breakup from a different place. Same brokenness. Same rock-bottom. But a little more informed, now I’m older. Thank God for growing up.” – Alanis Morrisette

57.) “The moving finger writes, and having written moves on. Nor all thy piety nor all thy wit, can cancel half a line of it.” – Omar Khayyam

58.) “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” – Nicholas Sparks

59.) “Healing yourself is connected with healing others.” – Yoko Ono

60.) “For a long time, the fact that I was divorced was the most important thing about me. And now it’s not. Now the most important thing about me is that I’m old.” – Nora Ephron

61.) “To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose is the next best.” – William Makepeace Thackeray

break-up quotes right

62.) “Sometimes we must undergo hardships, breakups, and narcissistic wounds, which shatter the flattering image that we had of ourselves, in order to discover two truths: that we are not who we thought we were; and that the loss of a cherished pleasure is not necessarily the loss of true happiness and well-being.” – Jean-Yves Leloup

63.) “You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” ― John Green

64.) “Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You’re aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus, or is boarding a different ship, and you just can’t be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn’t be.” ― C. JoyBell C.

65.) “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” ― Katerina Stoykova Klemer

Inspirational relationship break up quotes about moving on

66.) “And that’s when I know it’s over. As soon as you start thinking about the beginning, it’s the end.” ― Junot Díaz

67.) “Even on my weakest days, I get a little bit stronger” ― Sara Evans

68.) “Every woman that finally figured out her worth, has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder

69.) “Two words. Three vowels. Four constenants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off you shoulders. The phrase is: It’s over.” ― Maggi Richard

70.) “We ruined each other by being together. We destroyed each other’s dreams.” ― Kate Chisman

71.) “One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.” ― Mandy Hale

72.) “I wore your promise on my finger for one year, I’ll wear your name on my heart ‘till I die. Because you were my boy, you were my only boy forever.”  ― Coco J. Ginger

73.) “You go to work the next day pretending nothing happened. Your co-workers ask if everything’s okay and you tell them you’re just tired. And you’re trying to smile. And they’re trying to smile.” ― Richard Siken

break-up quotes shore

74.) “The quickest way to rectify that mistake (choosing the wrong person) is by learning from that, moving on, and choosing much more wisely in the future.” ― Greg Behrendt

75.) “You don’t make me feel like you used to. That’s why I’m leaving. That’s why people leave each other. They come to their senses and get selfish again.” ― Henry Rollins

 

More Break Up Quotes To Help You Move On

76.) “When we are in love, we are convinced nobody else will do. But as time goes, others do do, and often do do, much much better.”― Coco J. Ginger

77.) “I cannot compromise my respect for your

1 comment:

  1. Every time i take a look back at what had happened to me i will always appreciate the great Dr Agbazara ( agbazara@gmail.com ) for what he has done for me. This spell caster brought back my lover, who left me just for no reason. I met the great spell caster and he told me all i need to do! Now am glad Dr Agbazara brought him back and he love me more than he used to! you can also contact him on his active Email address ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or add him on Whats-app: ( +2348104102662 ).

    ReplyDelete